How can i get my 20 month old to quite being so fussy?

she is always wHining about everything she wines all the time whatever i do just does not make shruggingher happy i try everything seriously!

22mommyof3girls

Asked by 22mommyof3girls at 9:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She gets lots of attention when she's fussy it sounds like! If you just think she's being fussy for attention then stop giving the attention at that time. I know that you're giving her a lot of attention and parents often wonder why she'd fuss for attention when she gets so much! It becomes not about the attention but the power that the whining has!
    I know this sounds crazy, but with many of the moms I work with they go through the same thing. Obviously you give her lots of attention and try to do everything. When she whines, you can say, "You're hurting my ears." Then turn your head away. The second it stops turn to her with attention. She'll eventually get it that she's not going to get attention for whining. Good luck! This is such a frustrating behavior! I really understand what you're going through!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• ...QUIT being so fussy? WHining. WHine.ETC
    Ignore her or try something that will make her laugh and be silly instead of unhappy. It worked with my three kids.
    Unhappy kids WHINE.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• just play games that make her laugh
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• if you are going to answer my question read the whole thing i said i do everything i can to make her haPPY WHICH OBVIOUSLY INCLUDES PLAYING WITH HER AND I AM NOT UNHAPPY WHEN I AM DOING THIS PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE AND STOP ANSWERING QUESTIONS JUST TO GET POINTS!!!!
    22mommyof3girls

Comment by 22mommyof3girls (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Jun. 11, 2011