Has this ever happened to any of you overweight people?

My little sis is overweight, not a ton, but enough to notice. She says she has had people make fun of her- like random people yell at her- fata**. Really???? Are people that immature and insecure that they have to act like this? Has this happened to anybody else? Why do people have to be so cruel? That is my baby sister we are talking about. If I was there, I would have punched them in the face. Some people seriously need to go back to kindergarten and learn some manners.

lauralivivy

Asked by lauralivivy at 9:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I am overweight and I get remarks form people in cars as I am taking my son for a walk or just out alone. Peole scream things from their windows!
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 6:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• please tell me these weren't grown adults making fun of her... smh.. thats really disgusting..
    I am sorry she had to deal with that :(
    I have never had that happen to me..thank goodness.. that must have been awful :(
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'm so sorry for her, some people are rude, crude and socially unacceptable!!!
    shefree

Answer by shefree at 9:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• sadly it happens! I am over weight, i have never had it happen to me except an ex-bf in school who was trying to show off in front of his friends and it didnt both me because he was hitting puberty so his face looked like a pizza! LOL and this day in age going back to school would just make things worse. kids have NO manners at all, because their parents are afriad to take ahold of them! Not me my daughter will NOT grow up acting like that! and i feel sorry for the poor kids that pick on her because i will call them out infront of any and everybody. There needs to be something done about bullying, now my daughter is only 3 so we have awhile but i will do something about it! Hope your sister can bounce back. and good for you wanting to stick up for her!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 9:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Why the vote down? It's not just fat people that get made fun of...people who are too skinny,people who dress "different",people who's hair doesn't look like the trends,people who like non mainstream music....EVERYONE gets picked on EVERYONE!! So it's our jobs as parents or older siblings to prepare the young ins for this and make sure there self esteem is high enough that they can just laugh it off and wonder what it is about them selves that the person must pick on others to make them selves feel good or look cool.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Kindergartners are some of the most honest people in the world.. careful what you wish for.

As humans we are cruel and judgmental, I admit I will sometimes look at a large woman and ask myself "How did they let themselves get that large and not do anything?", I don't say it outloud but I do notice it and feel sadly for the person. There are those that feel they have something to prove by making those comments, often you will find a family member who is large and rather than admit it they will tease and make fun of others.

"I make fun of fat people but my mom is HUGE" is a postcard seen in the video Dirty Little Secret by The All American Rejects

Sorry that happened
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• We all judge not just on weight but on a huge variety of things, most of us however keep those judgements under our breath or just in our heads.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'm overweight as an adult but as a teen I wasen't. Mind you I wasen't a twig either, I had curves and hips the other girls didn't seem to have. My ex's friend called me wide load, strange because when I was of legal age that "wide load" would often get me drinks, lol
    FIL told me when he divorced his ex that she often wondered why dh was with me (we were dating at the time) because I had such a big a$$. One of the things that first attracted him to me, yes he's a butt man!
    In highschool you expect those kind of immature comments and they hurt. I remeber one time a guy walking past me said I had nice boobs. I cried! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I hate to say this I would had stooped to their level and said I can loose weight, but you can't fix ignorance sorry girls normally I wouldn't had given them the satification, but if someone would go that far they would had gotten it back
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 9:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I am sorry she has to go through it. If it bothers her,can she do something to help her lose some? Does it bother her?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2011