how do i get my 2 year old son to sleep in his own bed all threw the night?

i have a 2 year old son and hes always slept with me. everytime i try to put him in his own bed even when he was little, i was never able to put him in his own bed to sleep. i can get him to sleep in his bed but around 12 - 2 am he wakes up crying and walks fast in my room and crawls in bed with me. can someone please give me some advice on how to keep him in his own bed all threw the night.
thank you sooo muchh

AnthonysMamii

Asked by AnthonysMamii at 12:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Walk him back to his bed, every single time. It's all you can do. He'll sleep in his bed all night when he's ready to. As for you...well, moms get a full night's sleep...ummm...well, in the grave. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 12:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I had to deal with the same thing. And even though I have pretty much broken my SS of that problem, once in a while he has bad dreams and still comes to visit us in out bedroom.

What I did was spent maybe $10 and bought glow in the dark stars and planets and we both plastered his room with them. I made sure that they had a great charge to them before I put him to bed and he would focus on the stars when falling asleep and when he wakes up he often looks at the stars and falls back asleep.

He was very proud to be involved in hanging up the stars and planets and loved looking at his accomplishment even more.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my daughter is 2 1/2 and me and hubby were both working nites so she was staying at the sitters over nite and they let her sleep in the bed with them and know that my hubby's hours changed and he is here at nite with her we let her fall asleep on the couch watching whatever is on the tv and then when she is asleep he takes her in to her room and lays her down in her bed and before she goes to sleep we tell her if she sleeps all nite in her room then she gets a treat in the morning!! i use ice cream or when its nice out i tell her we can go to the park or just things like that to make her think she is a big girl...i tell her big girls sleep in there bed in there own room and only big girls get ice cream for a snack and that big girls go to the park and such,,,, thats what works for me!!
    jess_angelica

Answer by jess_angelica at 12:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008