A jealous b*tch

My fiance and I have 2 kids together, I am a stay at home mom since I am pregnant our 3rd, he had a decent job but after our bills it really wasnt that much money.

He has another child from his ex wife... She stopped letting us see him a few years ago but still expected child support .

First off she had them garnish his pay check... now that he is out of work , he hasnt been able to pay the child support.

The courts decided that they were going to put a warrant out for him since he was so far behind, all she had to do was a sign a paper saying she would agree to little payments, but she told the court she knew he still wouldnt pay and she refused to sign it..

Ok, so she is jealous, i have always known that... she has one child that is 6 years old , I am with my 3rd child in less than 4 years, and now at 7 months pregnant, I look better than her ! She has a job in a doctor office and has bought a house, which shows she is doing this out of spite, and what is she trying to prove? he didnt pay her money so she wants him to go to jail so not only can he not pay for her kid but now he cant pay for his family ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry if my ex DH wasn't paying child support I would report him as well. he helped make the child, he can help pay to raise the child.. no pity. You need to go to court and work out a custody agreement once he is out of jail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i doubt it's about jealousy, but more of the fact that he had prior commitments before he had children with you. its not her fault he continued to have children when he already had one to support.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• That is terrible! How can they put him in jail if he is not working? The economy is bad everywhere!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No, she has money, like I said she works in a doctor office, she has the money to buy a house, and she takes him on vacation every year - she just went to disney world ! but then complains that her son needs this and this and this... that is showing she is doing it out of spite. she is jealoud because he isnt with her, he has a family with someone else and she continues to be single.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't know what your state is, so I'm not sure how the laws are there, but in IL, your boyfriend can file for a reduction in child support, especially based on the fact he isn't working. He should still be sending in some kind of payment because not paying anything is wrong and will land him in jail or a suspension in his license. Whether his ex is jealous or not, not paying anything for his other child is against the law and he will have the repercussions of it. He needs to file for a reduction in child support. She will not have a say-so. She will be notified, but if the money isn't there, it's not there. There will never be a time when child support is stopped (until after the child is out of school). The lowest amount in child support is supposed to be $20 a week in IL, but my ex was paying $32 for two weeks, and even when I fought that to bring it to the $20 a week, I LOST.
    techgirl3

Answer by techgirl3 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I understand what you're saying but it's not her fault that she had a child with a man who went on to have other children. It's happening a lot in the last 20 or so years. I do think it's unfair to put him in jail if he's not working. That's a better argument than you're having another baby. Sorry.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i think*
    if he were to show some effort to pay something
    and he goes to court with this effort, the system is over loaded "they" do not want to house and pay for jailing a non voilent person because of money
    but
    he does need to make an effort and do so in a legal way

does he have a lawyer?
    also, if he was paying support for years
    why does he not have any rights to see his child?
    i know support and custody are two separate issues
    why do you saw SHE does not allow - if he has gone to court - he should have rights through court to see his child, the mother can not just say he can not???

please more past history info, something is missing if he is not "allowed" by the mother of child
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• A man should be paying child support because he loves and wants to take care of his children. I'm not sure why your husband or boyfriend or whatever didn't go back to court and say she's not letting him see his child????

I don't see it as being jealous, but it is spiteful for whatever reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Ok look, he stopped paying before he lost his job, but she wasnt allowing the boy to come here anyways, she said we have to go there to visit, we didnt have that much extra money so we just didnt pay.

BUT she never did anything about that then, it was AFTER he lost his job!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• sorry, but if one day the two of you split up and he's not paying child support on your kids, you'll probably feel the same way. it doesn't matter how much money she has.
    He fathered a child so he's responsible for paying.
    I agree with the first post, after he's out of jail you should probably see about working out a custody agreement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2011