Should I feel bad about getting my tubes tied?

After my 4th child I decided to get my tube tied and now I'm starting to regret that I did only because my DH has all girls.We talked about it forever and he told me he didn't care either way.It just sucks knowing that I want never be able to have kids again does anybody think they made the same mistake???

jdwilson864

Asked by jdwilson864 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• you can reverse it.. it's not easy but you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think it's normal to feel a bit of regret. I did after my third child, which was 9 years ago. I still "regret" it at times. I just knew deep in my heart we were not financially stable for a fourth child. Hang in there!!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• no but it is normal to have regret
    onecrazyparent

Answer by onecrazyparent at 10:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Thanks for the advice..
    jdwilson864

Comment by jdwilson864 (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Had it done after my second child...NEVER regretted it. I'm sorry you are but there is a procedure that has proven to have great results in reversals. Good luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It cannot be reversed.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• if u didnt burn them go get them reversed

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I thought about it after my second. It was all the rage, society telling me that I shouldn't have any more children and I never thought it through. The doctor told me to really think about it because I was young and might change my mind later on. The only time I listened to a doctor and never regretted it. I went on to having 2 more children, although it took 4 years with the next and 12 after that for the 4th. I now do not believe in "fixing" something that isn't broken. If God didn't want you to have any more children, then he would make you have fertility problems. I also don't believe that you should do something like that just so you can have sex and not worry about it. But that's my opinion. I know others feel differently.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If you really want another then go to a fertility clinic and see what they think, reverse or if IVF can be done.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 10:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I was just like you attap5 in my first marriage. I had 2 kids 1 of each and only 19 and ended up not getting them tied then. Well I ended up getting remarried and having 2 more DD with my DH now.
    jdwilson864

Comment by jdwilson864 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011