All I have to say is WTF?!?! A guy friend I have know for 15 years!!!

I have known this guy friend for 15 years and for 15 years we had beat around the bush about being exclusive and being a "something" more than friends. I mean omg folks thought we were married before cause we know each others quirks. So back in March we decide to start dating (and I did nothing more than kiss and hold hands for the record), about the middle of April he got dinged by the IRS for what he owes we had already talked about it. Well when it came down to them taking his bank account he freaked which is understandable. I was talking to him on FB and I offered suggestions and such. He got quiet for like 15 mins or so and I asked if he was ok. "I AM FINE TY!" and logged off. Didn't think anything more of it and went to FB message him about going to lake or something stupid to find out he had be-friended me. The thing that bugs the crap out of me the most is I have just recently lost a friend due to death and came over to his house after the funeral before this all went down. He knows I have lost 3 friends to death this past 1 1/2. I was at loss for a bit because he always the person who shoulder I would cry on or vent and such and now nothing. Who does something like that!?!? I mean considering I know he has mental issues off and on of thinking people are out to get him and such (no he doesn't do drugs) and I was willing to go to his therapy sessions with him because he asked if he did that would I come with him. I am at a loss surprised it still bugs me but at least I can talk about it without bawling my eyes out now. I had already previously told him if we ever didn't work out relationship wise I would always be his best friend.

djavongirl

Asked by djavongirl at 10:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• give him time to sort through it all.. let him know you miss your friend
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'd give him some time too.
    sounds like he's going through something that he needs to work out, also the mental issues could be a big factor.

Maybe he took your suggestions wrong.
    either way, it's up to him if he wants to remain in contact. If he doesn't then there's nothing you can do.
    I'm sorry this happened. I've got guy pals that mean the world to me, and if one day they were just no longer there it would break my heart too.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Sounds like the mental issue you mentioned is in control. Give it time to blow over.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'd just give him some time. Text him after a bit and ask how he is?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I did send a FB message about like the end of April or so and called the house once and he didn't answer so I didn't leave a message and he knows I hate answering machines so that is nothing new for me. I was pretty proud of myself I seen him the other day in town and we passed each other in our vehicles he waved I waved back but like I said after what he did I want him to be nothing more than a complete stranger on the street. I know that sounds horrible, but to do something that cruel just blows me away.
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yeah this hurt worst than any other typical "guy" break up or even the divorce from Bubba's dad this one ya might as well ripped my heart out did a mexican hat dance on it. It didn't help grieving a recent friend and then having 15 years of memories and laughs with someone and just have it go poof in an instance.
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011