Do/has people done this to you too? (venting)

I am SOOO sick of people ASSUMING that because I am pregnant it automatically makes me the DD for parties. UMMMM NO! If I am INVITED and asked AHEAD OF TIME, fine. But to simply assume that is my duty at the end of the night is so not cool to me. Is this not logical? It gets soo old. For my company christmas party people asked "why are you not coming, you could be the designated driver!" Like its some Fuc*in% treat. I didnt go just because I didnt want people assuming I would drive their drunk as*es home! UGH! I am so venting but am I wrong?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 12:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I'm no longer pregnant but still nursing. I don't even get asked to the fun stuff, just b/c I'm a mom to little ones. People love my kids, like I can't find a sitter! WTF? That ladies is why we all have each other. :)

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 3:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• No. You should be able to go and have a great time without being a "Parent" to those who have had too much to drink. I would think if you are going out to an adult party then you are taking a break from "parenting". I don't blame you! Tell them to call a cab next time!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• This never happened to me, but then again, I hate those types of things and rarely go. Go and enjoy yourself if you want. Explain to them you are not a taxi and that maybe they could call one.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I am pregnant, I don't mind because when they are and I am not they will drive. Plus I like the fact of going to hang out and everyone getting home safely. I know after I am done they will owe me (whether they are pregnant or not)
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 1:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yes, that is awful. That is the worst esp. during the winter holidays and you're pregnant.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2008