Anyone else live in a one horse town and is bored out of their mind?

djavongirl

Asked by djavongirl at 10:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I live in a one horse town. Well, that's not quite true, most of us own horses LOL. It's true though that at 5 the whole town shuts down, but I love it. I don't have to fight traffic or obnoxious people. I spend my time busying myself with my children and animals. Just because there is nothing to "entertain" you doesn't mean there isn't anything to do and you need to be bored. Think of the people years ago that didn't have nightclubs, all night shopping/eating, movie theatres and computers. They made it and were happy.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I live in a one horse twon, but I love it here.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I live next door to the town gossip. Now THAT is scary. I hate telling her anything.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• YES, also live in a 'one-horse town', LOL.
    i also get bored out of my MIND at times.
    We have not even a Walmart or McD's in this town,..that's how small it is. You have to drive 30mi roundtrip just to get to a WalMart. It's definitely taught me to come up with LOTS and LOTS of new hobbies, try and learn new things that I probably wouldn't have before such as "re-purposing my old furniture', growing gourds to make birdhouses & paint for fun, learn to grow new & different plants I probably normally would not have tried. I have 5 Laying hens in my backyard, I also have rabbits that I breed & sell bunnies. Just "STUFF" to do.
    A whole lot more to but to much to list here.
    Yes, this is most definitely a one-horse town and I'm not the one with the horse but I wish I was!! LOL
    Maybe we should list everything we do when bored and trade lists! :D
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• im bored too.. no gas money to do anything... everything is 30 mins away
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I do too but sometimes I can just see the tumbleweeds rolling past LOLLOL
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It is pretty bad when I am all sorts of excited about making clay things with the babies that we are gonna stick in the oven to save us all from being bored LOLLOL
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 10:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• same here we have to drive a good distance to get to town, but its not bad. its quiet here.and down the street from us are a few horses lol.time spent, reading,on cm fb outside,or i go see my parents and grandparents when i can.i love to write also.i also play my ds and read my nook.which does come in handy.
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Right there with you.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011