My almost 7 year forgets things

I am going a little bonkers trying to get my son to bring home his library books, his spelling words, his reading books etc. I even sent a note with him in his lunch today and it didn't work. "I forgot!" he says. All the time. I don't know if I should be mad, and I'm a little reluctant to go in to the classroom to retrieve this stuff from his desk for him all the time.
Should I give him a reward for the things he remembers?!

SarahD3boys

Asked by SarahD3boys at 12:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Go up to the school and request a second set of textbooks . . . we used to do this with our forgetful students . . . also you might set up a chart and every time he remembers he gets a sticker and after three times a treat . . . then after five times . . . then after seven times . . . makes the rewards small but meaningful
    feb2768

Answer by feb2768 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2008