• In the Spotlight:

baby drooling?

ok i know babies drool but is it normal to be drooling at 7 weeks old? i thought drooling was because they are teething?....so this got me thinking how early can a baby start teething how early did ur child start?

gonnabamomma

Asked by gonnabamomma at 12:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its normal for a baby to drool period..Noah drooled at about 2 months..never really started teething till around 4. But no..Drooling isn't just because they are teethin!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 12:19 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• drooling happens because their bodies are getting ready to accept 'normal' foods . . . saliva is part of the digestive process when eating foods . . . and it does occur when teething happens, but drooling can take place months before teeth actually appear . . . I read this all in a book
    feb2768

Answer by feb2768 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I thought the same thing. My son started drooling when he was around 6 weeks old. I asked the dr repeatedly and she kept telling me that is was normal. Turns out, she was right. You will know when your Little one is teething. It will be more then drool. It will be drool plus drool plus drool plus a tad bit of fussiness and swollen red gums.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• she jsut started with the drooling i noticed my arm gettin a lil bit wet...she is 7 weeks...n she put me through hell n i though gee how fitting teething at 2 months.....lol..i cant complain i have a good baby
    gonnabamomma

Answer by gonnabamomma at 12:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• not sure if this has been said...
    That is around the age babys' saliva glands start working real well, so he or she will likely do it until he or she learns to swallow that much, that fast, or it might go until after his or her teeth are all in. It is normal.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• since my son was 2 months old, he has had two teeth buds... sure he has the buds, but it could be several months before they cut thru.. he's 5 months now, and they are there... and he is a drool machine.. also, when babies drool it is a good sign they are gearing up for foods.. saliva helps get food chewed and swallowed.. when my son was at the end of his 3rd month, i started him on cereals and foods..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2008