When you are selected for Best Answer--Is it appropriate to Thank the person who voted you?

I'm still new to all these points, levels and awards and when I get a Best Answer , it seems natural for me to want to say "Hey Thanks for that".

Is this ok?... Appropriate protocol? or Not?

Thank You!!

thank you

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 10:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I thank someone when the give me best answer. many people do that with me too.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I never used to. It is what it is. I provided them with a good answer, they thanked me for my good answer by choosing mine. I'm not in it for the points. I'm just glad I could help someone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I also thank someone if I unless I was given best answer by an anon question to which then you can't. I like it when people that me also
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I always do. It's a nice gesture.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I always say thank you. It is considerate.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would appreciate it. It would make me smile.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 11:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I always thank that person. Like Anon, I'm not in it for the points, I just want to help.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I used to always thank people until I saw a question about people complaining about people thanking them. They said it was annoying so I stopped doing it.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• no matter what I thank them.
    Jaxs23

Answer by Jaxs23 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Ok great! I just wondered while I was typing a Thank You to someone...."maybe they don't really WANT a pm from me". So, I didn't want to be a bother in that situation.
    Thank You for all your answers.
    I'm not in it for the points either....if I was I would sit in "Crazy for Credits" all day every day, LOL. Someone offered me a trade once and I took it but then felt guilty about earning points/credits that way.
    I truly enjoy reading and answering peoples' questions they have about anything and everything. It gets addictive. :D
    KellyGirl_TX

Comment by KellyGirl_TX (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2011