Odd feeling about husband's long lost friend? Am I crazy?

My husband's best friend from the Navy came out to him 20 years ago, my husband was very, young, closed minded, and endend the relationship,, forward 20 years, he has always felt bad about the way he acted, and has become more open minded, we have been married for 15 years, and I have alot of gay friends and he pretty much just grew up.
2 weeks ago on Facebook, his old friend found him, they have been talking on the phone for a couple of week, and I have spoken to him several times as well. Well yesterday they began to make plans to see each other, when I was on the phone with him, he says Kim I am dying of cancer, but don't tell your husband,, I was like WHAT? I had a feeling that something is a bit "off " with his friend,,, but for some reason, I don't believe it.. I don't know why,, just my gut keeps telling me that something is "off".. Nothing to do with the fact he is gay, but I feel something isn't right.. Anyway I suggested to hubbs that he goes there instead of him coming to us, my husband was like, but I want him to meet our family,, I said I think you need to go there first, because if something isn't right then you can leave, if he comes here and something isn't right, we are going to have a mess on our hands, until his plane leaves! Hubbs says I am crazy, but something is telling me I am not>
What to do?
PS-- I did tell my husband about the cancer thing, he called him back, and the guy just kind of glossed over it, saying it was cancer, but he is not dying.

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 10:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Go with your gut.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• weird.. i say go with ur gut
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Wow, I would be really leery of this guy.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Your husband better listen to you. Go with your gut.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I have learned to follow my instincts. Your husband should listen to yours. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Your husbands guilt is no reason for him to put his family in danger. It is not unreasonable to get reacquainted with someone outside of the home before allowing them near your children. Maybe he could stay in a hotel instead of your home for the visit?
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Your guy feeling is usually never wrong.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Red Flag! Follow your gut. I'm assuming you're not the same person you were 20 yrs ago, and 20 yrs in the military can really affect a person!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011