Am i right or wrong????

in the easter holiday we had my sister in law staying with her kids. her oldest boy is 14, she has no authority over her kids what so ever, they do what they want when they want and all she does is threaten them with no computer or no money, they dont listen and she doesnt follow through. when they were at ours my step kids easter eggs went missing, we later found the rubbish hidden in the bedroom along with the rubbish ofmy sons dairy free desserts, cerial bars, biscuits and other stuff. the 14 year old boy had stole it all and hid the rubbish. i spoke to her about it and told her that he was not welcome back here, at least untill we had an apology. no word from any of them, she hasnt spoke to us since, are we really wrong to say we dont want him here?

proud-mummy

Asked by proud-mummy at 10:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• i would have to say no b/c you gave a resonable request to let him back. And by her not responding just drives the point home that he can do whatever her wants w/o any consequences.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You were not wrong.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You were exactly correct. You teach people how to treat you. At some point your husband (is it his sister?) needs to remind her that he and his family love them but that was unacceptable and the teen needs to follow through with an apology.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Agree with you 100%
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Not at all!! You didn't say that because he did that he can never come back, you said that he can't come back until he apologizes. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i think you are 100% right.and reacted way better than i would have.lol
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You are absolutely not wrong, I would've done the same thing you did I will not accept anyone stealing in my home regardless who it is.

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You did the right thing. I hope she comes to her senses... that 14 year old is gonna end up in bigger trouble if she doesn't do something.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think you did the right thing. It's your house; your rules. You set reasonable boundaries in your relationship with her and her family. You did good. Obviously that kid is not getting help for his issues, so it will only get worse. There was another post 2 days ago where a stepmom talked of a child acting this way. In her story, the kid escalated to attack her and her baby with a pencil! You did the right thing.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I agree with you 100%
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2011