• In the Spotlight:

Any experience with in-toeing?

I had my 18month old see a physio today in regards to his feet turning in. His hips, knees, ankles all seem fine, he just turns in the top tips of his feet inward quite a bit...to the point that it'll trip him if he's wearing shoes.
The physio is referring me on to a specialist that will fit him with orthotics. I'm just wondering if anyone has gone through this process before, and how long it will take for him to grow out of it??

SarahD3boys

Asked by SarahD3boys at 12:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My brother had that problem, but wasn't diagnosed til he was much older. Back then, they fitted kids with shoes that were hooked together at the heels, and he had to wear those clunkers to bed.

It seems to have worked. He's 43 and not pigeon-toed!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I had a similiar problem growing up and it was due to the way my achilles heel was growing. I ended up getting "special shoes" and my mom would help me practice walking properly. I eventually grew out of it.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 8:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2008