Has your god/godess ever spoken to you?

In church i heard people say God told me God lead me God showed me. So i wondered how do god and godess speak to you. Have you ever heard his/her voice?

I was once told while i was 16 and living on the streets how God spoke to this lady she told me God placed it on her heart to give me money alot.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 11:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. I believe we're all worthy of personal revelation. We can receive guidance for what we doing in our own lives. We can also receive guidance for what we can do to improve others lives just as that lady did when she gave you that money.

BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• God has never used his voice to speak to me that I am aware of.

But I do believe that God has lead me down certain paths in life in other ways.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think personal revelation is possible. I've experienced it through situations, not a voice in my head.
    I also think that there are a lot of crazy people out there
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i believe God has, on a few occasions spoken to me. its weird, but you think you hear someone speak, and you turn around, and no one is there. its always been pertaining to a situation or thought i was having at the moment, so i do believe its been God.
    i also believe you have to be open to accepting it, too. not everyone is open and inviting to the spiritual realm, for various reasons.

and, adnilm..i also believe there are a lot of crazy people out there, too. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I dont believe the Divine speak to us per se like others will contend.
    I believe its more along the lines of feeling good or better about one decision over another. They want US to make the choices because it affects us not them but I think they will give us a strength or help with recognizing we are heading down the right direction...but not necessarily all the time.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Don't have one, so no. It would be awfully weird if one did.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes, many times.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes it's that little voice that tells you to make a left instead of a right and you find out later if you went right you would've been in a 6 car pile up
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't necessarily believe in the god/goddess like some but the universe and the spirit energy around me and yes, it has spoken to me in a way that makes me understand the relationship however it doesn't come out and say "do this and do that." its not like humans talking.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes...but not necessarily in words.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011