Carseat ???

My son is 9 months old and we have graduated from the baby click in/out carrier to a regular carseat (still rear facing) (law where I live, rear facing is must until 1 yr old). Anyway, this new carseat sits upper than the baby carrier and when my son falls asleep his poor little head just hangs there! I hate that, is there anything I can do to keep his head from doing that? P.s. It is reclined as much as it will go!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 11:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I never defeated this issue, but I found that a small receiving blanket rolled up and placed between the baby's head and the car seat side, helped some. It also helped to have an older sibling sit close enough to regularly re-adjust baby's head too. Good luck.
    Asastoes

Answer by Asastoes at 11:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• my kid is 3 and it still breaks my heart to see her head hang there. I agree with asastoes alittle blanket or a little pillow. those neck wrap around things - my dd just throws them off
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I thought the new national law was rear facing until 2? I know this is an international website though...so maybe you are located elsewhere. Anyway, I know what you mean about their little head hanging down. I have not figured this out either. Sorry...it stinks!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Will it hurt his neck though?
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Babies don't get sore like we do. If hes like that for less than an hour i wouldn't worry. They do still make "elephant ears" for carseats for older kids.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011