Toddler bed & bedding....

Dumb question but...

Did you just use the same bedding from the crib set? It's the same mattress size as the crib, right?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The matters is the same size and so are the sheets, but the comforter is a lot shorter than a toddler size, and the toddler bedding will come with a pillow case, a fitted sheet, a sheet, and a comforter. We put our ds in his big boy bed around 2 never had a problem with him getting up. We got him a toy story bed and matching bedding... It made him excited to be in his big boy bed. :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• The mattress is the same size but I was pregnant when my DD was ready for the toddler bed so we just got her her own new bed and mattress, I found hers at a kids resale shop in GREAT condition for 30 and it came with a mattress so we just used that. And the bedding is the same size so you can use it if you want, I got my DD the princess set thats at walmart, its right next to the baby bed sets, just down the aisle a little. They also make some boy sets too. It just seemed to make her more excited to be in a new bed having a new bed set she really liked and not her old 'baby set' lol But it really depends on what you want to do!
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• How old was your dd when you made the switch?
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yep, it's the same size, but we did buy a new set from babies r us. It had a really cool sheet in it that was fitted on the bottom but not on the top. And, I liked the comforter better.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'm going to switch her in August or September because I'm expecting in late October. I will probably get her a new set and keep the same one in the crib. I just wanted to make sure it was the same size.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yep, it's the same size. We did buy toddler sets for our daughters so give them the "big girl" feel. :)
    We moved ours into a toddler bed around the age of 18 months.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Around 18 months, maybe a little older
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I switched my son to a toddler bed at 18 months. We just used the baby bedding set that he had in the crib. Yes, the mattress is the same size.
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• lol I ad the same question for my first... but es they are the same mattress size
    Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 10:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Toddler bed mattresses are a crib mattress. Twin beds are much bigger.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2011