10 Things never to say to a SAHM

1. When the kids are older, do you think you'll get a real job?

2. How June Cleaver of you!

3. Oh, so you don't work?

4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?

5. All day with your kids? I can't even imagine.

6. I'm jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either.

7. What do you do all day, anyway?

8. I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree.

9. That explains why your son is so clingy!

10. Weird. I assumed your house would be superclean

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fg%2Fa%2F2011%2F05%2F31%2Fhearstmagfamily5277360.DTL

Feel free to add your own

I've heard, 1,3, 5-10

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My daughter mentioned to one of her teachers that I was a SAHM. She said good that means I have a volunteer that can help me whenever I need one. What?????? Maybe some. (sigh)
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• 11. What is your favorite soap?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Since you don't do anything all day, why can't babysit my kid for free? --- I can't tell you how many family members are mad because I won't play nanny for their children.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• LOL so true anyone who would say/ask any of those of me I would probably give them a look & maybe not even ansewr them bc its so rude! haha Now granted in my case I do a fair amount of lounge time bc I am sahm to one child but before having her & up until I was 1week overdue I worked my tail off 80hours a week at 2-3 jobs & started working at the age of ten! So anyone who dares say to me I'm lazy or this or that better be running before I give them a piece of my mind! Oh & we are not rich! Its just mor affordable for me to stay home then to work & pay daycare! LOL thanks for the giggle this morning needed it =)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• People can be rude and ignorant! First sahm is a job,the hardest job u will ever love,u get paid in memories and unconditional love! sahm do not have extra time on their hands,maybe when the hubbys come come they might have a chance to cook and shower! Now ,people who make statement #5 I think r jealous in my opinion. Now #6 they r jealous because they can't budget so the mom can sah to care for the kids. #7 your answer is not your business! #8 Whatever! #9 she is saying this cause her kid is a terror and bully,she can't control him! #10 u don't have anything nice to say then shut up!!! In my opinion,all these remarks r made cause of jealousy,and envy,they wish they had what u have!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I wish i was a SAHM but i can't be one ...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i really don't understand how 1 and 3 are offensive at all

basicly because #1 they are saying being a stay at home mom isn't a real job. And #3 because you stay at home you don't work. Staying at home is still work you still have things to do even though you don't get paid for it. It is still a job.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• That is referring to the shows.
    pookiekins34

• SO true!!!!!!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• LOL...funny!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2011