If your kids father did this what would u say or think?

The last time my kids saw their father was before christmas of 2010. So u would think he would want to c them right? Last thursday my current bf made me call their father and ask if he wanted to c them. he said yes and told me he will call me back with a time and a date to pick them up. When i called he had asked me if that was my number i was callin from i said yes. Which meant he now had my number. I talked to my mom Yesterday and she had told me he had called her..and told her that he doesnt have my number (bullshit) and that he couldnt pick up the kids bc the temp service might have a job for him.. OK so let me get this straight. i call you, u ask if thats my number but yet you dont have my number? You dont work any other day but the weekend to get the kids you work??he told my mom he needs to work to pay some of the child support.. This was not the first time he used that as an excuse. I work and still see my kids.. theres a lot of parents that can work and still deal with their kids..i have to find a babysitter why cant he? doesnt make sense.

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• The way I would handle this is to let him know that IF he continues to break pick up dates with the children that you are going to forbid him to see the children, until he can be more responsible and committed to his children. I personally would confront his lying about not having your tele number and ask WHY is he doing that? I would also contact your attorney or the courts and find out what your rights are as far as letting him put the children in the situation of expecting to see him, and him not showing up. My X had supervised visitation where he had to be inconvienced to go to the courthouse in a supervised visitation and I told him "I think that was a great thing because he could not just come in and out of his sons life like that, without that having some neg effect on the child" Hope this helped
    MaryannC1045

Answer by MaryannC1045 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If he doesn't want to be involved don't force him. It could be the other way around. He could be taking you to court every other week and trying to tell you what time their bedtimes are and what you will be making them for dinner etc. Count your blessing honey! It sucks for your kids, but he will get what he gives in that relationship.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• He's making excuses.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• thats what i said lol.. I love the excuse of child support.. bc last time i checked hes 5,317.00 dollars behind on ONE of my kids.. If hes working wheres my money!!! he does not understand that i spend 17,000.00 last year raising my kids.. keepin a roof over their head. clothes diapers EVERYTHING. its not right its not fair im tired of this crap.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Maryann, he doesnt have visitation rights through court.. i was just going to allow him to c the kids. In court he got charged with failure to find a job. and they said he pretty much abandon my daughter and bc he didnt sign my sons birth certificate it means he has no rights to him.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• time to move on yes he does not want to see his kids not all men can or will be great dads
    such shame he has miss out so much already
    and who gets hurt but the kids
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Let sleeping dogs lie. If he doesn't have the initiative to try to see the kids he will only bring heartbreak into their lives. Leave it alone. Tell new bf it is none of his business.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 11:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Move on. He's not worth it:(
    hkdjhg

Answer by hkdjhg at 11:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i never told my kids that they were going to see him.. he has only seen my 2 yr old about 4 times since he was born so my son doesnt really care. my daughter does know who he is and has talked to him on the phone but she doesnt ask to see him. the last time she was with him, i called up there and she told me she wanted me back and she missed me.. My boyfriend thought it was me keeping the kids from him and said it wasnt fair the kids didnt get to see their dad. I pretty much did this to proive to him the kids father doesnt care to see them. I was right. and he agreed that its the kids father not me
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• One thing that I would like to say...I am not sure if you do, do this already..

DON'T TELL THE KIDS HE IS COMING......UNTIL HE PULLS IN THE DRIVEWAY..

saves the kids alot of heartace..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011