Would you expect the stuff back or not?

A person I know found out she is having a girl and I found out im having a boy. After being bothered repeatedly by her sister for my girl clothes (this is my last one) I gave her a box full of stuff for free (and didn't even get a thank you, btw). Then, oddly enough, we both found out we're having the opposite cause our doc was wrong. So, she is having a boy and i'm having another girl. I kind of want my girl clothes back but i think its tacky to ask so I won't. But if they offer to give it back, should I accept or is that tacky too? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Hurry up and ask for them back. The way she kept bugging you for them, it sounds like she'd be the type of person to give them away and say "I assumed you didn't need them anymore."
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Why would you not ask for it back? You gave it to her because you thought she was having a girl - she isn't, you are.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would think it tacky if she was having a girl, but since she is having a boy, I would go ahead and ask for the stuff back.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Uh, I would ask for them back! She's not having a girl, therefore, no need for her to keep. It would really suck if you didn't ask and she threw them out. If she was polite she would automatically give them back, but some people just do not think. But definitely ask for them back. It's not tacky since she's not having a girl.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes ask for them back.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• She was being tacky to keep asking for them in the first place. So go right ahead and ask for them back.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You could always say you have a friend who's having a girl that could use them.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'd ask for them back, if she's having a boy then she doesnt need them. Especially when she wasn't grateful for them in the first place. My oldest was a girl, and then my SIL got pregnant and was due around the time my daughter had been born so I gave her all my girl clothes, then about a year later I got pregnant again, with another girl and she gave them all back, if they're given free then she should give them back. She no longer needs them, you do.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would definitely just ask for them back!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would just ask for them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2011