Do you ever get completely run down as a Mom?

Sometimes I notice I do really well at makeing sure my child has plenty of fun things to do and things to do with me. Other times I feel like I get so caught up in makeing sure the house is clean and going to work that I forget about him. Sometimes I'm just to tired to play one more game of horsey or ring around the rosey. I feel aweful about that, he doesn't understand. He just knows Mommy won't play with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think we all feel that way sometimes. You're not alone!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• OKay hun here's the deal. I know that you want QT with your child and that is important, but remember your job is not entertainer and you dont need to get down on yourself because you dont spend all your time doing that. I find it's best to just set them up doing something and then walk away to do what I need to do. They have their own little table in the kitchen where they can color, play games, or do play dough. Kids love it and you don't really have to sit and do it with them. KWIM?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• YES, and ....it gets worse as they get older. I would take the toddler days back in a flash. My youngest daughter just graduated high school, and I'm exhausted. The teen needs are so much more demanding when your child discovers they have their own thoughts and decisions to make...and they begin comparing you to their friends parents. It's a tough ride sweety...take time to breath and enjoy every tough minute. Journal your experience as you'll find great laughs and comfort when they stop talking to you and begin the transition into adult life :)
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes its soo overwhelming work kids and the husband is a job in his own sometimes but you do your best and the kids love you no matter what even if they get mad and cry everytime you leave for work they dont understand but they will and it makes your time with them that much more special. It makes me feel good and bad at the same time that my oldest who is 2 1/2 has a million toys but doesnt want to play with them unless mommy plays too but mommy has a million house chores to do before getting ready for work. Sometimes he wants the attention so much that he helps me clean up the house uses his toy vaccum tries to spray the air freshner and helps unload the dishwasher. in the end theyre just happy to be with u and you are not the only mom going thru it we all do everyone of us on this site. You do your best and your doing it right. Just dont forget time for yourself! Good Luck!
    youngmum87

Answer by youngmum87 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think we all can relate...what I do is have my 3yr old dd do my chores with me..she literally helps with laundry, loves to help me cook, and is a pro at picking things up-- she enjoys doing these things with me and being "mummy's helper" more than when I am exhausted and make a poor attempt at one of her games.. I'm often stressed and buy but I also read her a book and sing a song to her every night before bed- sometimes that's our only time alone during the day, but it's better than nothing, ya know? Just take lots of pix and keep a journal :)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• sure do I have a 9yo and he is a hand full..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2011