Would you take your child to the ER?

If a almost 12 month old child rolled down stairs, would you take them to the ER if they were conscious, not acting strange, able to focus normally and started playing afterwards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you have a nurse line you can call? It sounds like he's okay, but it might be worth the peace of mind to call at least. Watch for any weird behavior, balance problems, crying, eyes looking strange, etc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would, at least to the dr if not the er! just 2 have him checked out... even if he is ok, at least they will have it on file that u did bring him in. later he might have a problem and u could b sorry u didnt.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 12:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It depends how bad the fall was, like if they hit there head on something. I am the mom who takes my kids to the doc over everything and there pediatrian tells me what a wonderful mom I am because I am in tune with my childen and know when something isnt right. My 13 month old daughter crawled on top of my sons easil and he moved it and she flipped all the way over landing with head straight back, I started crying cause I was so scared that she broke her neck but she got up and cried for a minute and was just fine. I checked her out though to make sure she wasnt in pain and asked my husband if we should take her in and he said to wait and see how she does and she was just fine so we didnt take her. Plus she hasnt been wining or anything since but you as a mother will know if its time to see an er or doctor. Gook luck and I hope your little one is ok.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would. Just to make absolutely sure that there is nothing wrong with him. I'd see if you can take him to the doctors first, that way he is being seen by his doctor that knows his history.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• depends on how many stairs and stuff! my dd feel down 4 stairs but she was fine after i just watched her close and she was fine!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011