Hey you! The Hater vote down people! And who ever else wants to read...

Vote ups may not be a bad thing but the vote downs were put in place for no other reason than to save the work load of those who monitor the site. It may have been a good intention but what happened is people get voted down for honest an non-harmful OPINIONS. Not for being rule or giving false information as it was supposedly for. Am I taking vote downs personally? YES you know WHY? Because it is rude. It is the same as looking me in the eyes and telling me my opinion doesn't matter and I am wrong. It is a slap in the face. If I were to tell you I feed my kids bologna sandwiches to your face would you look at me and say something about it? NO- no way. But you sure feel safe to tell me I suck right here even though you know NOTHING about me and have no room to judge. You don't like it? Cool. No skin off my back but damn no need to be petty about it here in cyber space than you would be in real life. Get a grip so- called 'vote down fairy' You are rude, childish and I bet in 'real life' you are a very nice person but for some reason here the rules change and all of the sudden it is okay for you to push people for their opinions and/or basic statements based on no real knowledge at all.

Any one else feel me? This is not about what is and isn't allowed it's about respect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Feelin ya - it just ain't nice ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think you may be too emotionally invested in what a bunch of strangers on the internet think. It's not like any of this matters. Try taking a deep breath and backing away from the keyboard.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen. Who cares what a bunch of people you dont know and probably will never met think.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Lol...A couple of weeks ago I answered a question "What are you and your kids names" I said what our names were and got voted down...on our names LOL...I'm not going to lie...it didnt piss me off or anything but it bugged the hell out of me! LOL I would STILL love to know the reason that I was voted down...our names arent made up or ghetto...they are Monique (me) Kelley-Christins (dd) Richard (DH) and Richard II (ds).....why was I voted down????? lol...I was obsessed with that for the entire day for some reason lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• So respect that others have different opinions. And seriously, who cares if someone votes you down? This is the net, it's not real life. You're taking it far too personal.
    Anonymous

• voting down just means they disagree with you and nothing more. I have been voted down for saying I like coca-cola and snickers but I dont give a rats ass. Someone disagreeing with me and voting me down will not change my mind. How are they being jerks because they dont agree with every little thing you say? People have rights to their opinions and voting you down means they disagree with you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Hope you feel better now. Having a bad day here are you? I've just recently started going back over some of my answers and I was stunned that not everyone appreciated all my words of wisdom and experiences which I am so willing to share in my answers. I receive lots of vote downs..oh my goodness. Could it be my jaded view on men and relationships, could it be my almost uncontrollable sarcastic attitude, could it be my MMOTD, I'm not sure. But damn...I get a lot of them. Do I take it personal, no so much. It's text on a page, its anonymous, and its one (or in some of my cases more than one) person(s) opinion(s). I move on. Vote me down...its a game and I'm having some great fun!!! You should relax and enjoy CM.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• This site is about opinion based answers, and that means a lot of disagreement, IMO the vote downs are fine, but I would love if they explained why. If I said the sky was green, and someone voted me down, fine, but tell me what color the sky is....
    Anonymous

• Feel better????
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Stop getting so pissed over a stupid vote down feature on a web site... go take a walk, eat some ice cream, masturbate or something because you have some serious pent up anger.

Oh, and on a side note, I vote down people all the time for having opinions that differ from mine. Why? Because I think I'm right and your wrong and I want to show that. I get voted down ALL the time and I think it's funny...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011