My younger brother has recently gotten out of the army on a medical discharge because he cannot handle stress well at his first job interview he failed the preliminary pschy evaluation how can he get a job when it looks like he will fail what do you military wives suggest for our family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Has he gone to the VA to get disability?? If he does, as long as he's at least 20% disabled, he will qualify for vocational rehab, which means he can get paid for job training, and the VA can help with his stress and get him counseling. Feel free to PM me- I have a similar discharge from the Navy, and I'm working with the VA myself. I'm happy to help give you some guidance here.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Contact Military OneSource and see if they can help him find resources in your area

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Also, when he had his pre-seperation counseling, did he address his concerns? Did he attend the Dept of Labor TAP career workshops?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• He needs to look into counseling to help him prepare for a job.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 12:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• A lot of extensive therapy until he can handle the rigors of a job interview.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• what sort of job is he applying for?
    Maybe he needs to work in another field until he is able to get the help he needs in order to pass the psych exam?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• He needs to go to the VA but, don't expect much very quick. We have been dealing with them for almost a year and they still haven't gone through my husband's whole claim.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't think he has a classification as a disability he doesn't receive any payments he was just recently discharged and has not been to VA
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Bumped ya - hope you find a good answer ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• go to va and let them check him out gl luck they take forever but its a start to go there first
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011