Is it to soon for my son to be trying to pull up on things?

He is 6 months old and is crawling some and can sit if you put him that way. If he is by the couch he tries to pull to standing. My mom says he is to little and I should stop him. She said it will mess up his legs. That's not true though right? I mean, it just sounds stupid...

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 12:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What? Your mom is being weird (sorry). They generally start pulling up on things around the time they start crawling, and they will do these things when they're ready. Let him, just give him safe places to do it. Don't worry about his legs- they'll be fine!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It can mess up their legs if they arent ready to stand and you try to make them but if he's trying it on his own Id let him kids start things on their own time and if he's ready then I'd let him. If its too much for him he'll stop on his own and try again when he's ready. My daughter started pulling herself up as soon as she figured out how to crawl and she's fine. I wouldn't worry about it.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• he will do it when he is ready don't try and stop him
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011