Plane or Train?

Would you rather take a plane or train to go on vacation?

bellagracie82

Asked by bellagracie82 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in

• plane
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 12:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• A train is only fun if your kids have never been on one and you are taking a short trip and don't need a private sleeper car. More or less, its like riding the bus, it stops EVERYWHERE unless you live in the Northeast, or are going out west. In FL, where I live, the train is slower than the Greyhound.

I would rather fly the friendly skies, but those days are long gone too! If I had to choose, it would be the plane for me...
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It depends on how long the train trip is, and how long the vacation is. I love trains, but I'm not taking one cross-country for a week-long vacation. On the other hand, I've considered taking a train for trips of 400 miles or so, since the train ride would be in the "fun" range of trip length.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Train, I've always wanted to take a week long train trip across the country.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 12:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i d rather take a train,never flew,and after hearing about all the crashes,and other horror staries,am staying on land.
    houndlover

Answer by houndlover at 12:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• well, i live in the north east so i take the train constantly but for farther away trips i fly. so it really depends. i would love to do a long train ride. the longest train ride i been on was to baltimore from new jersey so i have no idea how it would be like to go farther then that. it was fast though. it was fun. i feel its less crowded but then again i never did over night on a long train. i would love to do a long train ride.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Train for comfort. Plane for length of travel time.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 1:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• depends on where I am going
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• plane
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• a train--I can still see the scenery but I wouldn't have to drive!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

Next question in
Hot Dog or Hamburger?