How to you think the Feminist Agenda has helped or hurt progress?

I tend to think that it has a very negative impact on how women view men..almost as if they can't like or except men for being men..that women don't need men or can do just fine without them. I think this is very detrimental, and has affected many relationships and marriages poorly because of these pervasive negative attitudes. I could be wrong...what are some of your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• the problem is that the feminist agenda has gone 2 far. men are now being told that they are not as good as women and honestly feminism has created many broken homes. the divorce rate skyrocketed after feminism. women don't stay home anymore because it is 2 expensive. when we have twice as many people in the work force everyone is paid less that's how it works. we as women decided we wanted to work and now our children are being raised by day cares. sure we can do the job about as well as our husbands but at what price? men could be great stay at home fathers but again what is the long term? we have morphed from a family orientated country to a working one and honestly imo its largely because of feminism.

takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 12:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• The feminist "agenda?" The only agenda is equality. The negative attitudes about men that have become so pervasive are not feminism.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I absolutely agree with SWasson.

I don't know where your view of a so called "feminist agenda" comes from, but true feminism is about women being appreciated and equally recognized (and salaried) for their work.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think that your post made me chuckle. what's wrong with women feeling that they don't need men or can live just fine without them?
    I say then can! I myself love men, and love their company. But I don't think I have to have a man to live my life.
    I consider mine to be a VERY good attitude! It's my choice to have DH in my life. He's not here because I feel I can't survive without a man! my Husband wouldn't even want a woman that thought that way!

Face it, we don't even need to have a man in our lives to have children anymore! granted, if we want to reproduce there has to be men somewhere. at least for now, we may have artificially made sperm one day!

Most men are wonderful creatures in my book, but I have no problem saying that if I needed to, I could survive without them.

Did your mother have a attitude like yours? You have every right to your opinion, but I'm curious where a attitude like yours came from.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Feminism happened for several reasons and I don't think for one second that they are the fall of the family or the cause of the divorce rate. I can't believe there are still women out there who say it's bad to not depend on a man. (Let's be real for a second, how many men do you know feel like they can't live without a woman? Probably not many.) As if somehow every man in the world is perfect, will never die or possibly leave their wife. Life is uncertain at best and women need to be able to take are of their children if something happens to their husband. And I'm not buying that wages at jobs are so bad because women joined the workforce. It's perfectly fine to stay home if a mother chooses it but that should not be the only choice a woman has. Women are not just wives and baby factories. What a depressing thought.
    Anonymous