WHY are Millions of North Americans prohibited by law from accessing personal records that pertain to their historical, genetic and legal identities- because they were ADOPTED?

My birth records are held by the government in secret and without accountability, due solely to the fact that I was adopted. Only in Alaska, Oregon, Kansas, Alabama, New Hampshire and Maine can an adult adoptee have unrestricted access to their own original birth records! Restore our rights! Open Records NOW!

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 12:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Adoption

• How can there be an answer to this? How can you answer something that is so basically and morally wrong that it can't even bring up a reasonable response as to why this happens? I don't and never will understand why adoptees are denied the basic rights everyone else takes for granted. The excuses and reasoning don't make an ounce of sense and yet legislation doesn't change.
    casjoh

Answer by casjoh at 2:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008