my sex drive went out the window!!

i used to love sex before the baby now me and my husband go weeks with out it and i just dont have the urge to do it anymore. im 24 weeks prego and im just confused cause i heard that we should be getting really frisky and im just not into it right now. is anyone going through this?

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 10:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I feel a lot like you do. I'm almost 23 wks and I heard after 4 months you are supposed to have an increased drive... but I don't see it anywhere in sight. I really want to have sex (in my head) but i don't actually "feel" it. And.. my husband doesn't even seem to try anymore... he doesn't know when I will feel like it...and he doesn't want to make me uncomfortable... and I know that he wants it all the time.. but he doesn't act on it...and I don't feel it so i don't act on it.... and it is jus this horrible continuous cyle that I am really tired of.
    myfirstbaby903

Answer by myfirstbaby903 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My husband and I have had sex once in the past 3 months. It's normal to have no sex drive. Don't feel bad! As long as you guys aren't fighting or having any weirdness b/c of the lack of sex, don't worry about it. Try to do other fun things together to keep your relationship strong... the sex will happen again eventually. Good luck!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Yeah I went through this. Try lots of foreplay where your husband is doing all the work. Remember when being pregnant you are very sensitive in some areas if you know what I mean and this can be a good thing to help turn you on. Lay in bed with your hubby and play around and then you'll get the drive. When I was pregnant I never wanted sex bc I was so uncomfortable in my body and had no energy, but play around with no intention of sex and then your probally want it. Its funny when my husband said he wanted sex I felt obligated and didn't want to even more. So tell him if he asks for sex we will see what happends and laugh and tickle and play and you will see.
    bethiepaige

Answer by bethiepaige at 12:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Its perfectly normal, its because of hormones. Everyone is different and just because other people get "frisky" at that stage of pregnancy, doesn't mean you will. I didn't and it returned after my daughter was born.
    amp83

Answer by amp83 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I know exactly how you feel. I am 28 weeks and my husband and I haven't had sex in almost 2 months. I just have no urge to. I have been told that having a decreased sex drive is perfectly normal. Every woman is different and so is every pregnancy. Things will return to normal soon when the baby gets here and our hormones get straightened. Good luck and congrats!
    jessicawales

Answer by jessicawales at 6:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2008