How can i make my self go into labor.....

i am now 3cm 40+ weeks. i have been walking/running on the tread mill everyday. swimming walking all over town in stead of driving. i have drank Castor oil 2 times. im have contractions every 4mins for the last 28hours. very painful. but because im not dilating they wont keep me. i was suopse to have an induction 3 times now but they are to full and dont have room. also i have been bleeding and having nasty stuff come out of me... they say thats normal....i just want to have him now.... please what can i do. june 2011

tamansec

Asked by tamansec at 12:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You're doing everything possible already. Relax... he'll come when he's ready. Forcing it early could cause problems. From what you describe, you'll be holding him by Sunday.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If you're bleeding or anything like that they should keep you. Idk about your dr but mine scheduled the induction with the hospital so they had to do it. I'd go back and say you're bleeding and stuff and are worried because your late. Castor oil is pointless, I'd just keep walking and everything and try going back. Hope you have better results soon and you have your baby! I was two weeks late with my first and it drove me nuts! But if you're bleeding they need to keep you to be safe.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• The bleeding worries me. But the due date might not be accurate and you might not be overdue.
    If I was bleeding,I would go to the Clinic or ER.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Sounds like things are slowly progressing, but there isn't anything more you can do. Don't run at this point, that can be causing the bleeding, but that may not contribute to actual progress, just swelling your cervix. Walking and swimming may help. If you're bleeding, sex may not be advisable due to infection risks. Castor oil is dangerous, and can increase the risk of your baby having a bowel movement in utero, which means they will likely have to keep the baby in the NICU to watch for infection. Don't force it- baby will come he's ready. I know it's SO hard when you're in pain and contracting. Hang in there!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• there isn't anything else you can do really, you have done everything possible so far. just relax and it will happen when its suppose to happen.
    Kat1990

Answer by Kat1990 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Masturbate, Rub Your Nipples, Rub your Nipples with ICE, Eat something hot and spicy, Have sex, Have a Good Orgasm, But just be patient. And don't hate me for posting this. My Mother told me these things and I wanted to kill her. But they really do work. I was a 10 day late baby and my mother said that Sex and having a good strong orgasm is what made me want to come out. Really. I like my kids to stay in the oven a little bit longer. It gives me more time to get ready for them. I just had Twins the First of January I had Sex up to until I Delieverd. and it works.
    But dont send me a hate message if you dont like what I have just said.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• YOU need to go to the emerg department-you are overdue and if you are bleeding and such you could lose that baby.Not trying to scare you but my sis went through this.Those dr.s need to get that baby out-cannot believe no ones helping you.If I were you I'd threaten to sue the dr. the hospital everyone-this is your baby and I would refuse to leave hospital till they did something-hell I'd even play up my symptoms if it meant hospital would do ultrasound etc.. to chek on baby and my health-good luck! I'm very very concerned for you and your unborn child.
    Gemini5

Answer by Gemini5 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011