Im going to salon today and wanna try out new haircut, but my husband will get mad, should i do it anyway?

He likes my hair brown with thick blonde highlights and shoulder length. I've had it this way forever. If I change it, I know he will say comments, then I will feel self conscious. Opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• That wouldn't be very nice of him? Why would he want you to always look the same? You should do what you want.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Change it and see what he thinks. If he doesn't like it, give him time to get used to it. You can always go back if you want.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It's nice to know your husband likes your hairdo, but he doesn't really get any say; it's YOUR hair.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It is your hair, and you should do what you want to do with it.. I am a hairstylist, and once had a man storm into the salon for cutting his wife's hair off, Really? It is hair, not a boob job!
    Anonymous

• I totally would <3
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 1:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It is on your body, not his. If it's what you want go for it. My dh likes long hair, I got mine cut a few months back. He was mad at first, but he got over it.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Is this a serious question? You are your own person, are you not? He may not like it but it really isn't his decision, is it? Geez ...
    Anonymous

• Who cares what your husband think it's your hair??? My husband doesn't care what I do to my hair as long as I'm happy.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Your husband should be supportive and love you no matter what your hair looks like. It's ok if he's not a fan of what you do, but making negative comments is degrading and disrespectful. It's your hair, do what you want with it.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• whats he gonna do if you cut it? be all pissy like a kid? tell him to grow up & deal with it. cut your hair how you like it & maybe he will realize that you know what looks good on you too.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2011