I know summer JUST started for kids but....

I was wondering if there is particular websites any of you moms use to help your kids learn through out the summer. I want to help him be prepared in for 2nd grade. Hes great at math. He will have a fun summer I just every so often want to keep his mind refreshed... any thing you know of??

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 1:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Quia.com is a great website for any subject according to ages/grade levels. They have fun educational games to help kids learn. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It's not a website, but I just bought a couple of workbooks for DD. She goes into Kindergarten next year and they have ones for the summer between Pre-K and Kindergarten; Kindergarten and 1st grade; 1st grade and 2nd grade.....and so forth.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• can go to a learning store for books, I find a lot at the dollar stores or even in the dollar bin at target. Flash cards you can find or even have fun with him and make your own. Just type what you want on the computer and will probley find what your looking for that way. Play games that will help with skills. Reading to him at night or take him to the local library or even a book store for ideas. Wii games, leapster or even v smile are good ones for games along with learning. Just make it fun for him and you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• thank you
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I like to buy the Kumon workbooks from Barnes & Noble.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 6:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Costco has summer time books that you can buy for kids moving from one grade to the next. They are pretty awesome little books it challenges them for the next grade, and keeps them sharp on the things they learned for the grade they were just in.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 7:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• we buy work books and have "school time" 2 a week
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Starfall.com
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 9:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• We bought some workbooks at Sams. My daughter is learning her multiplication tables over the summer (lucky her, lol). She's doing really well too. She'll be ahead of the game next year.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You can get some workbooks for him to work on.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 3:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2011