50th Wedding Anniversary

My IL's are going to be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next year. I really think they should be thrown a party. DH has no desire to do anything and his sister lives 3 hours away. Although we like each other and get along fine, I'm not EXTREMELY close to his parents.

Would it be appropriate for me to take the initiative in at least starting to plan them an anniversary party?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Absolutely, that will actually make you & your IL's closer because their going to be so happy that you went out your way to celebrate their 50th Anniversary. I say GO FOR IT!! =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Not only appropriate but a wonderful thing to do.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Wonderful!! Boy, I wish you were my DIL!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 1:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It would be wonderful. 50 years of marriage is quite an accomplishment and should be celebrated. Call your sil and talk to her about it. You don't want to step on her toes if she is already planning something. If she isn't, go ahead and start planning!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Call your SIL & see if she is willing to help you get the ball rolling. You dont want hubby to feel like you are stepping on his toes. Once the plan is in action- have fun w/ it! Being super close or not, these are his parents- and 50 years of marriage is a BIG DEAL! It deserves to be admired & celebrated!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Do it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011