If you have Facebook

do you have a picture of yourself posted or not? I have someone on my friends list that has this posted on her page---Tip: do NOT be that person who fails to upload a profile photo to your account. It is creepy, freaky, odd and weird!

I didn't know it was mandatory to have pictures on there. Anyone else feel this way? Or do you not have pictures up either?

this is her comment

You need a pic for a variety of reasons. 1- numerous pple have the same names in this WORLD and the world is on Facebook so it's good to visually confirm. 2-People change names, when married/divorced, so it helps then. 3-What Deborah said. 4-This is a social network. What's social about hiding-failing to provide one single image of yourself? That's why I think it is shady...and everything else mentioned above. I could go on but I won't

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Technology

• I have the same pic I use here over there. The people I have on facebook know who I am, and I don't add people who don't. Why do people take that site so seriously? THAT is what I find creepy.
    glam.fairy

Answer by glam.fairy at 4:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• She can get over herself. Your FB page so do what you wish. Safety first is my policy online.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I have FB and I do have a profile picture of myself. It's not mandatory but I do kind of agree with your friend.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I do have pictures. It makes it easier for my friends I haven't seen in a while to find me. My last name is pretty common and Claire can be spelled 2 ways so There are few of us with the same basic name.
    ClaireWithChild

Answer by ClaireWithChild at 1:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Definitely not mandatory, but I will admit that I can't help but to question why the heck some people don't upload a profile pic. Doesn't even have to be of the person...can be of a flower or a big toe...just something!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• my picture changes almost weekly. it may be me, my kid, a funny cartoon character, a sport-team logo..whatever my mood is. i'm not about people from 30yrs ago being able to find me on a social network, so if they don't know me NOW by my hyphenated name, they aren't anyone i care to have on my FB in the first place.
    there are a few select CMers who i have shared FB with, and only one or two of them have i identified myself as 'from CM'..by the time i care to add them to FB, we've chatted and its not an issue.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I have pics up, but my profile is set so that only my friends can see the pics that aren't my profile pic.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I only have one pic up there and it is my profile pic...the only reason I have it up is b/c my friends weren't friending me back b/c they weren't sure if it was actually me or not.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• its facebook and i think sometimes people take way to seriously. my mom didnt have a pic for a long time, she is on there to see pics of my family and my sister and hers. it is a great way for family to stay connected when apart (and so much easier than trying to email all those photos) and currently my profile pic is my 2 oldest asleep and holding eachother, but it changes all the time and i am sure will change again soon.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It's your facebook page do whatever you want. I have a picture of a wall of my house where I've hung/displayed and framed several of pieces of the kids art. Looks pretty good.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011