Do you everfeel like you need a break

I am a sahm and things just seem tough right now i feel like i need a break am i the only one? My husbands home but i have no where to go or anything to do.

kristybaby2

Asked by kristybaby2 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• YES! Lately especially. You should have the hubby take over so you can have some me time, even if just for a little while. Go to a library or go shopping. Anything just to have some time off for yourself.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It happens to everyone! Try going to the library, or out window-shopping for a while, just so you can get your mind out of mommy mode.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yeah I'm SAHM too and sometimes I feel like I need a break....I think mostly because we only have one car and so I'm not even really able to leave the house until hubby gets home..which gets real old real quick....yeah I can go on a walk or whatever but I can't actually go anywhere worth anything lol...like the store or the movies or anything...sigh...I think what I really want is my own car lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• work has been calling me every single day this week to work extra hours. there is a new format to the schedule so somehow they never end up with enough people. this morning i woke up and just felt completely physically drained. my whole body just felt so tight. i stretched out a bit and feel a little better but they ended up calling again today and i just ignored the call. i'm working today anyway but i really don't have it in me to come in 5 hours early again. i've done it 3 days this week already
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think we all feel that way sometimes, whether we're SAHMs or working moms. There aren't enough hours in the day sometimes for Mama to get a break. Maybe talk to your DH about handling bedtime or some other time that you can get a little break for yourself. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• GOD YES! I am finishing school this summer online and not working since I have school and a baby so I am so sick of being in this house and being clung to constantly! My boyfriends mom is here most days but since Terrance is breast fed I am stuck with him. I love him and all but Mommy needs a break!
    ClaireWithChild

Answer by ClaireWithChild at 1:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes yes yes yes! I love being with my kids a lot but I am in desparate need of a break! Luckily I get a kid free afternoon tomorrow for a movie and shopping. If only those days came a more that once every 3 months!
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 1:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I know that feeling. I started volunteering at the library. Get's me out of the house once a week to do something I enjoy.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 1:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• DH is our SAHP, and yes, he wants a break sometimes too. Find an activity/volunteer outside the house.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 7:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011