Is it worth it?

So my sister is helping me get a job. it will be like 300 a week and that means about 1200 a month. with that i will need to buy food like what 4-500 a month. then gas like 40 a week, and with that i will need to pay a daycare but idk who and how much maybe my sister inlaw but she will want 400 a month. so that leaves me with like 200 after all that. my dh pays all the bills and i am working so i can save for school in 2 months. think its worth it??

kristybaby2

Asked by kristybaby2 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sounds like it.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes, it is worth it.
    And you will feel much better when you are able to support yourself with some money left over, rather than living on food stamps. (I assume you are living on food stamps since food would be coming out of your money)
    Anonymous

• Sounds like if you can get good, inexpensive child care, it will definitely be worth it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yeah i am living off of food stamps and i have been searching for months for a job so i am very thankful to have found one and i am praying i can find daycare cheap enough.
    kristybaby2

Comment by kristybaby2 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think you will still qualify for some food stamp help and I dunno what you're eating for lunch unless you meant for all of your meals 4-500 is a lot to plan for working lunches. You can buy a can of soup and some crackers for each day --- water and some fruit, definitely NOT that much.
    I think it is worth it. You can probably get subsidized child care as well to help with cost. Good luck you will like the feeling of productivity.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 1:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• ABSOLUTELY worth it. This job will beef up your resume and will fill in gaps in your employment record for when you are ready to look for your career work after you graduate. Something else that people forget--when you have no job, you have nothing going towards retirement. Yes, I know Social Security is in the toilet and the predictions are dire BUT you will at least be on the work-roll and, should this job lay you off, you'll probably be eligible for unemployment. Best of luck with everything!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• thanks every one. this is a bit scary for me just for the daycare lol but hopefully i find a great not that pocket breaking daycare.
    kristybaby2

Comment by kristybaby2 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes, worth it (for reasons as the others state above).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If you are going to make money, how can it NOT be worth it. Definitely take the job. It will give you extra money, plus get you job experience. Everyone needs this...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Its a good temporary fix, then look more
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 8:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011