Fun things to do in a car for 15 hrs with a rearfacing 22month old?

We are doing a famlily Vacation and although the trip is 15 hrs driving time its not all at once we will be doing day/2day stops..

What can i do with her in the car. My 5 year old will be ok cause he has his stuff to do.. but what can she do in her seat?

Dork4Fish

Asked by Dork4Fish at 1:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Buy lots of new little toys, books and coloring pages... as well as some of her favorite things to do. Try to keep them little though, you don't want her to be hurt if you have an accident. Keep the toys by you so you can whip out something new when she gets bored and she doesn't play with everything new all at once. (of coarse bring new and fun things for your son as well) And then at the end of the trip pack them up and don't let them play again until the trip home so they aren't bored with it.
    Bring along favorite songs that you can all sing... my 2 year old LOVES to sing in the car.
    If you are okay with snacks in the car... same thing as the toys, get something that is new and interesting. When we took a long trip with my son we have him yogurt juice... he had never had it before and it kept him happy (I packed just small little cups of it in a cooler)
    WTG on RFing still! :) My son is almost 3 and is RF as well
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• drive while its his sleeping time. Take toys he has never played w/ if you must drive while he is awake.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 1:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• wow have you ever considered a front facing seat? That is a big change and can help alot..my dd only 16mnths and is in a front facing she can see out and we can tell her things to look at out the window..we also have a drop down tv in my trk that she can watch cartoons..we travel alot too..its 8hrs away from home where we are not i couldnt imagine 15! Yikes!! I would also suggest alot of snacks and her favorite toys or snuggle blankets..good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• ha NO she WILL NOT be turned... for one it is against the law here for her to be fowardfacing before 2, and 2nd of all if there was an accident and she was turned it could KILL her!
    Dork4Fish

Comment by Dork4Fish (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• One of my cousins once bought a personal DVD player for his little one. Don't think I'd do that!

More than likely your toddler will zonk in the seat after a short time. If you can sit back there with him, you can keep him occupied. Or the older sib can be in charge of doing that.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would turn her around to the front face, and leave at night so most of the driving will be when she is asleep, that is a long haul, and will probably go better if most can be done while she is sleeping/
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2011