It was my birthday....

I only worked half a day and spent the afternoon "chilling", my DH knew I was off work early and because we are so broke right now, the only birthday plans was him cooking my dinner. He shows up 2 hours after he got off work, I had already prepped the dinner while I was "waiting" for him. Was he working late? No. Was the car broke down? No. Was a sick friend in need? No. Did he call me? No. He had been running a friend to get his laundry and stayed to have "a couple" of drinks. I was so irritated I just ate a salad and went to bed. Was I wrong to be mad?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 1:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I would be SUPER pissed! And I would let him know it!! Thats just rude and inconsiderate... and he needs to know it really hurt your feelings. Im sorry...
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Make him do something for you tonight :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Um no, that's shitty.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Why would you even ask that, of course!? I'd be furious and hurt. It would show me how low I was on his priority list.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Did he forget that it was your birthday?
    Maybe he did and he doesn't want to admit it.

Did you set up a time for him to be there? If you did, then you have every right to be mad. If you didn't set up a time then I don't think he did anything wrong.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I hate when men do these stupid things ESP on a bday. Def not wrong in being mad. My SO totally forgot mine last year even though I obsessively discuss my birthday until the week of lol.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would of been mad too esp on my bday
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• He didn't forget, he said Happy Birthday in the morning and he was who planned the dinner plans! grrrrr
    Dahis

Comment by Dahis (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i would def be mad... unacceptable...
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2011