How do you conqour potty training?

I am potty training my three year old son. He thinks pooping on the potty is the worst and hardest thing ever. What are tips for resolving this and also helping him go on his own?!?

Lacey.Lace

Asked by Lacey.Lace at 1:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had a friend who forced the issue with my DD when she babysat a few weeks ago and I haven't had any issues since. She forced her to sit on the potty until she went. My DD threw a tantrum and eventually went and was so proud of herself. You can also try a little bribery but not food. Like watching a special movie with Mommy or playing a game that you don't normally play. For us the bribery is painting toenails. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• give him skittles (2) every time he gets on/off the potty and does something. Let him play with a toy that he only gets when he is sitting there ( a new toy that is) stay consistant, it can take months to slowly teach the pottying methods.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• REWARDS!  Maybe get some stickers, suckers, or allow him to do something he loves to do if he does go #2 on the Potty.  Has he ever went #2 on the Potty?  Do you have him in Pull Ups or Diapers? Diapers sends a message he doesn't have to go in the Potty that he'll just go in the diaper because that's what he's used to doing.  Try making a schedule for him  and KEEP the schedule. I know it's easy to say "tomorrow I'll do it"!  Stick with your rules.  Don't give in.  I know it's hard girl cause he's your son.  Those eyes looking at you. But if he knows he can get away with going #2 in is diaper he'll rather do it cause that's what he's comfortable with! That's all he knows......... All I can say is be consistent!!!!

tlcawley

Answer by tlcawley at 2:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Trun him around backwards give him a piece of paper and a wahable crayon and let him put it up against the lid to draw. While he goes potty.
    sadyjo31

Answer by sadyjo31 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2011