Is the local ZOO to expensive an outting for your family?

I really want to go but I am afraid that dh will get grumpy about the cost~Is it a reasonably priced outting in your area?

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 1:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Entertainment

• not it's not and for the price they charge you would think they'd have a better animal selection!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 1:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• We go to Lake Tobias in Halifax, PA and that is a great cheaper family day trip! There is a petting zoo, safari, and reptile show! All for around 10 a person!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 1:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yes it's very reasonable in my area. children under 3 are free, children 3-11 are 17.95 and adults are 19.95.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I love the zoo!!! I go every year!!! But hubby started a new job so I don't know when we'll go!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It is a little pricey by me to go once (zoo Atlanta). like 19.99 a person (for us that is pricey for one day out) BUT a yearly pass is $99? lol. We got the season pass.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No, it's expensive. It's an awesome zoo, but it is the typical "attraction" prices.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Depends on what you consider reasonably priced. For our family of three, it would cost about $35.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Well if you live locally see about joining the friends of the zoo or something like that, ours costs about the same as going twice, but we can go as much and as often as we want to with our season pass. I pack a cooler and we have lunch out doors.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• OH and the $99 was for a family 2 adults up to 4 kids.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It is only because we got a membership. A year's worth of unlimted visits costs 10 dollars more than going there twice.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2011