Juggling work and the hubby!

I finally got a job after having my 2 yr old and my 1yr old twins. It was supposed to be part time but theyre short staffed at the moment and say that Im good at the job so Im working 5 days a week from 5pm-11 or 12 and i like the job for the most part and its bringing in extra money, but my hubby works 5am-3 and my days off he works and his days off i work so we arnt getting much time together specially with the kids to worry about. He wants me to cut down my days and not work weekends but there's a rummer at work that they might give me a lil raise if i keep up the way im going it'd me like 50 cents more an hr and more resposibility . I dont plan on being there forever but the chalenge of getting the raise is tempting my competative streak. I knew getting a job would be tough on my and my DH, so what should take priority? I know really my hubby should but the job brings in the funds to afford to do more stuff as a family....what would you do?

youngmum87

Asked by youngmum87 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• If you are working so much, are you really doing "more things with" your family?

I don't know. I would personally choose spending time with my family over more money (hey, I did that!).
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If you don't HAVE to... as in, you're bringing in enough to meet expenses AND to save n case of job loss or to buy a home or a car or pay for college (whatever priority you might have) WITHOUT that extra money, then you might politely decline the extra hours as being too much at this time.

HOWEVER... if hubby's job might be at risk (and it's hard to say whose job is NOT at risk these days) or you're NOT able to save for a rainy day... then I'd probably leave the schedule as it is. Togetherness becomes highly overrated when you are short on funds.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• How is working more to make money to spend with your family actually allowing you the time to spend with your family. If I didn't have to work to support my family I wouldn't. I'd stay home and enjoy being with my family.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011