Needing more "social life" where to find friends etc.

I am going crazy trying to get more social interaction. How do I go about meeting ppl and making connections?? I need some advice please. I live in a very rural community,I am a sahm and board. Help!

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 2:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• A church? A bowling league? (Do they still have those??lol) A woman's club?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Make things happen. There probably are others' in the same boat. Start a new social group of SAHM, just put an ad in your paper with a local website for correspondence and feedback, see what happens. Have a nice luncheon for everyone to get acquiated and take it from there. Amazing friendships can come from ideas like these. Do not be afraid to search for the things you need........ Have fun :-) We used to have a group of women that got together and we would exchange tokens with each other for babysitting, celebrated holidays, met for breakfast or lunch, met at parks, etc. and it was fabulous and alot of fun.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Try getting a part time job, meet mom's at the park or the pool, volunteer, take a class, host a girls night out (sex toy party, candle party, jewelry party- they're free ya know!), join a gym, take initiative and form your own sahm group!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2011