Cat toys? I'm getting a Sphynx kitten and I haven't had cats in years. Does anyone have any suggestions on good toys/beds/etc I should get?

CKennemore

Asked by CKennemore at 11:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pets

• for sure get a scratching post. get one of those toys that is like a little pole with a string on the end that has the feather on the end of the string (they love that). maybe some jingly balls. Oh....and real liver as a treat is heaven to a cat. Its cheap and they love it... just cook it good.
    myfirstbaby903

Answer by myfirstbaby903 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Sphynx Cat Care
    (Sprinkling a small amount of cat nip will draw them to the post.) Bedding/Toys: Since the Sphynx is hairless, they get cold just as people do. ...
    www.inthenudesphynx.com/Sphynx_Care.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Definitely a scratching post & or even those cardboard scratchers I have one in almost every room.  My cat loved the feather toy's and still (after 10 yrs) carries around a furry mouse like toy.  She also use to love batting around rolled up paper (cig packs were a hit) & also hiding in bags (any type) & boxes (also uses them to scratch on).  I bought all the toys & she ended up playing with stuff around the house more.  She's great at playing toss with her self...lol  Finds one of my rubber bands & flings it around.  My cat never really laid in her bed, she always ended up in bed with me and sleeping on the back of the couch or in a window.

Congrats on your new kitty!!!

Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 2:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I have a great scratching post. It is never used. My cat hates it but she loves the all natural door mat. That is all hers. it is large she likes to lay on it and scratch it. I also have one of the ball on a spring toy it was fun when she was really little now it is for my 10mo old niece. The best toys are the refillable cat nip toys (bought @ PetSmart) My cat has a mouse. The other toy is a ball of yarn attached to a very long piece of the yarn so I can throw it and pull it. She loves that. Target also has great little climbing houses made of PVC pipe. My cat loves hers.
    Good luck
    girlygirllol

Answer by girlygirllol at 4:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2008