Any other moms having trouble with fashion?

ok so im 23 almost 24 and like girls my age and size wear all these skimpy lil outfits, short skirts and shorts and ive had 3 kids so latley i put "in style" stuff on and feel like an old lady trying to be "hip" everyone's like your young and thin you can wear anything but when i put anything on im so uncomfortable and feel awful i have a billion clothes but hate them all...any moms in the same boat as me?

youngmum87

Asked by youngmum87 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Oh yeah..I'm 22, and feel the same way...except I'm not thin and I'm 9 month pregnant. Lol I stick to what I like..and that's jeans and v-necks with a complimentary color tank under it...before we moved, we had a dollar jewelry store (awesome!!) that I would fin my jewelry at and dress my outfits up that way, and wear flats or cute sandals. It's definitely hard feeling comfortable (for me at least) putting on "what's in" when you've had kids..your body just isn't the same and you have to fun what fits for you now.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Sorry that should be complimenting *if that makes sense*
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My issue was never so much not being able to wear what's in as not having any interest in wearing it! I decided a long time ago to choose what I felt comfortable in and wear those things and to hell with "fashion." Sorta like Steve Jobs with his jeans and black turtleneck uniform. Find what works for you and you will always look "in fashion" even if the clothes are ten years old.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Honestly I could care less about fashion,...

Why buy what's intoday when it is gone the next day..

Just like I am teaching my kids, be yourself.......don't try to look like anyone else..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yeah it was hard when i was pregnant but now i have a job that has a dress code so no jeans or jogging pants but shopping for skirts theres only hoochie skirts for girls my size all the ones that are long enough to wear to work dont come in my size.
    youngmum87

Comment by youngmum87 (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Where have you shopped? You can find appropriate business attire, including skirts at most department stores in a VERY wide range of sizes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I know what you mean!! I'm 25 and I have 2 kids and when I go shopping I just don't even know where to start anymore! I look at some stuff I think is cute, but I'm not a teenager, I'm a mom. I feel like I'm trying too hrd to be cool. And then when I lave the juniors section, or walk out of DEB or whatever and look at other stuff I feel like it's frumpy and unflattering and more of a 30/40yos outfit. This is especially hard in the summer when I'm looking for shorts/skirts. Ummm I don't need something ankle length but I also don't want to flash my ass to everyone when I bend over to pick up my baby!
    I need a stylist lol
    Stacy, Clinton, HELP ME!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I feel just like nicoles.

I don't want to dress like I did as a teen anymore, but grown up doesn't really feel me either.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 8:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Top Shop, Urban Outfitters and JCrew have really cute, classy clothes for someone your age.
    It sounds like you're growing up and dressing 'sexy'ish' for everywhere you go just isn't feeling so comfortable anymore. Nothing in the world wrong with that. Fashion is NOT always about 'sexy'.
    Good Luck....
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I wear what I feel comfortable in and looks looks nice with the fashion trends, because if you don't feel comfortable in what you are wearing it will show.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 3:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2011