How do you deal with a Husband who is, adult content

Peeing like crazy but can't poop?
Asked if he wanted to try an Enema but was like unh unh.
He drinks a bottle of water then he has to pee? Has another bottle of water then he pee's again?
He thinks he has diabetes but we are in the process of ruling that out.
He says his vision is blurry or one eye gets fuzzy but we are trying to figure out if it is just age or stress?
What do you all think and what are some of your suggestions?
P.S. he is 37 and Native American.

newathis918

Asked by newathis918 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Health

• Diabetes can also affect the eyesight. I would rule that one out first.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• This going to sound gross but if you can't get to the dr then have him pee in a cup and taste the urine. It will have a very sweet taste if it is full of sugar.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Have him drink prune juice. That will make him have a bowel movement.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Nannyb is right, having vision problems is a diabetic symptom.  EXLAX will help the constipation.

Answer by louise2 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR! He is far too young to be having these kinds of symptoms!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'm a certified diabetes educator and this totally sounds like type 2 diabetes to me. Being Native American (high risk group for diabetes), frequent thirst and urination, plus blurry vision all point to diabetes. While you await confirmation from his doc, lay off high-sugar foods like soda pop, candy, desserts, chips, tortillas, and juice drinks (Please Note: I did NOT say to go on a "low carb" diet), try to get some mild exercise like walking regularly, and starting increasing intake of non-starchy veggies (this means all veggies except peas, corn and potatoes). Good luck, and if he is diagnosed with diabetes, PLEASE see a certified diabetes educator! If he's a tribal member, this will be available to him through their health services plan. Diabetes and diabetes related complications CAN BE PREVENTED!!! It just takes dedication to some hard work, and usually lifestyle changes that benefit the WHOLE family.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 3:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Should I take him to the ER at St. Johns Tonight? Do you think that is a good Idea?
    newathis918

Comment by newathis918 (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• The symptoms you have listed do not seem life threatening to me. Unless he is having an acute onset of blurry vision, headache, nausea, disorientation, confusion, etc etc. I would just make an appt for the family doc to check his glucose levels.
    Bennett121

Answer by Bennett121 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Offical from the St. Johns Medical Center E.R.
    It is true he "Bobby" and my 13 year old son "Theo" have type 2 diabetis.
    But with our insurance and goverment help we have gotten the help we need.
    I am changing when I am going to go to College so I can be able to be there duing the most bussyist times of the day.
    I wont have to take time off work so that is good.
    I want to send a big cuddily bear hug out to all Mom's who have helped me and prayed for our family.
    Love you all who posted and helped motivate me to get them out there to the ER.
    We went early Saturday Morning or as early as Grandma and Grandpa Tetah could come out and sit with the yonger ones.
    I will keep you posted as the days bring the change.
    Love YOU ALL!!!!
    Sarah
    newathis918

Comment by newathis918 (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011