Suggestions for younger kids,

Things to do for mixed group of kids that wont break my bank.
My kids are 13 to 5 months.
I think they are getting bored watching tv and playing playstation.
But we have to wait for Daddy to come home to go to the water park.
Any Suggestions,
Thanks

newathis918

Asked by newathis918 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• A sprinkler, baseball game in the back yard, bake brownies, make ice cream
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Get them away from the tv.. the sun is out...remember..

And get the play station off there little fingers...

neither are teaching them a damn thing..

Use your imagination....go for a walk, color with chalk, get wet, go to the playground, go to library.. Google what to do with my kids...

Stop letting the tv and the PlayStation's raise our kids.

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You sound like me - my 5 kids range from 13 down to 11 months. We have a plan to hit every park in the county this summer - some of them have paddleboats (couple of dollars, and will probably go with another mom so we can have an adult in the boat and an adult with the babies on shore), feed the ducks at a couple, brand new playgrounds!, walking trails, bball court, etc. Free summer movies on Tues/Wed mornings. Library for new books. Look through the programs at your local Parks and Rec Department - there may be something to interest all of you.
    Make butter, ice cream, etc. and explain the science behind why it happens, make a baking soda volcano (if you're into science). Teach the kids games from your childhood - four square, hopscotch, etc.

Answer by missanc at 2:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Tell them at least a week in advance that you will be starting a summer Week Without Electronic Devices in your house. No TV No Movies No PS3 or whatever games they may have. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. Take walks, take hikes, go to parks, play games, practice reading/spelling/math, do art, do science, go to the library...There was a time when not all entertainment revolved around electronic devices -- funny how we were a (physically) healthier society then.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 7:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• That goes for parents too, not just the kids, BTW
    klickitykat