What guidance and advice would you offer a 14-year-old girl who is trying to conceive?

Just saw this on another website.. I am interested in hearing how you ladies would handle this....

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 2:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would tell her that if she really wants a bay first she needs to have her own place and a car and steady income first. If she listened it would keep her busy until at LEAST 18.
    But she won't listen. A 14yo doesn't learn from other peoples' experiences. Just their own. I can only hope that she doesn't conceive and that whatever it is she's trying to fill with a baby is resolved in ahealthier way.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would give her my two year old niece for a week, and see if she wants to concieve after that!!!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Babies are so much more fun when you have the money to enjoy them. In other words stay in school and get married first.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'd find a way to contact her parent because that kid need a good therapist & a depo shot.
    Anonymous

• A strict "no", a condom and keeping her home until she's 18!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Explain to her that she would lose the rest of her childhood. I would also find teen moms her age to talk to her about everything that th are losing out on b/c they are ether pregnant or have a baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Thats disgusting. A 14 yr old has no business having sex let alone trying to concieve~sickening.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 2:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I agree with the first answer....I would give her an infant, baby or toddler to care for by herself for a week. I would monitor and have it be in a controlled way to ensure the child is safe always.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 2:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• the thing is giving her a baby for a week wont really work. ever see maury. i really think they need love and caring and someone to really listen to them. they are lost. alot of these girls want love. they do not have love at home. so i would really find out what is going on at home. i use to babysit and i knew the parents were coming back home. i knew the parents were going to come pick up the child. these girls need to see the reality of life with out friends alot of times. no going out whenever they want. not going to the movies and just taking away their freedoms. like putting alarm in middle of a movie or having a change attached to them at all times. something really invconvient. 14 too young to have a baby. all these teen pregnancy shows mess with these girls minds sometimes. sad sad sad.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• This is a trick question, right?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011