Turtls?

So someone saw a turtle laying eggs earlier today & I just went to check out the spot yup sure enough there is a hole covered & there should be eggs in it. I live in Maine & via google research saw we have wood turtles & painted turtles but I didnt see it so I dont know which or what kind it is.

I showed my 3yo the area & shes all intrigued. Wanted to know if any of you ladies knew how long until the eggs hatch? I have been reading 40-60ish days again via google. Just curious if anyone has watched turtle eggs hatch in their yard? It would be fun to see the babies when they come. I also read I should put a crate over it to keep animals from digging them up.

Thanks ladies if you have any suggestions!

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Bumped ya so perhaps you will get your answers. I don't know anything about "wild" turtles, just the ones kept as pets. I think they are cute and fun to watch.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011