Just got court date for divorce and says pelimary hearing and only 15 mins. Will that mean another hearing? How do you solve anything in 15 mins? Kids involved.

Just wanted to ask the above questions. Any advice or answers would help me lots. any last words of advice for me. I want to move to be with family support. But right now he says no and wants to trade the kids every week. To hard on them but maybe just me. Can any one help me.

Asked by momindiana at 2:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't get your hopes up on moving if it is quite a distance and he doesn't agree. The judge will probably order the kids stay put.

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• we have agreed about most of the house stuff. Just not the with kids and if I can move or not. Time with kids.

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• she = Judge. Yes, we had several more hearings!

Answer by missanc at 2:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• At my preliminary hearing, she just said to keep with the same schedule for the kids we had been using - with me during the week and with him every other weekend (my kids were 4, 5, and 8). Basically that and child support was all that was settled, it took more than 15 minutes, but only about 30. Not much evidence presented, very basic.

Answer by missanc at 2:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It generally takes 2-3 hearings to sort everything out. You need to speak with your attorney, and if you do not have one, you need to file for legal aid.

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Good Luck.

A lot will depend on the judge who is assigned to your case and how good of an attorney you have.

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If u don't agree on visitation or child support before then then tell the lawyer,what u agreed to then yes there would be another hearing.

Answer by dancer at 2:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011