What was the begining of your labor like?

Im due tomorrow, no consistent signs of baby time yet. I lost myplug a week ago and have been having contractions for a few weeks now but most of them arent painful. this is my first baby and im so anxious to get this going!! i always feel like today is the day because of some strong contractions, but then they fade away and i feel like im back at square one. i hate not knowing when.. (sorry.. im partially venting) how did u KNOW when u where deffinitly in labor n what did it feel like in the begining?

blue7eyed3girl

Asked by blue7eyed3girl at 2:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• not sure... my water broke while i was sleeping lol
    good luck with everything!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 2:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• sorry i am no help with my first pregnancy i was induced, so i am kinda wondering the same thing cuz i am 32 weeks along with my second and i am not sure what the start of labor feels like with either lol good luck!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Good Question,
    You need to be ready once you hit your last month,
    You will have Brakton Hiks first they are the ones that get you ready for the painfull ones.
    Then your water will brake.
    They you need to go to your hospital or call your mid-wife.
    Good LUCK!!!
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• With me I started having a pinkish discharge the day before, not like losing your plug, but just some bloody show. I was really tired that night and slept really hard. At 4:00 am I woke up and my contractions were much stronger than they had been, not painful, but stronger and longer. I drank a cup of peppermint tea, tried to relax and see if they would go away, after an hour they were still there and closer together. I took a hot shower and laid back down. Still contracting, and getting closer. It was about 8:00 am that they started to get more painful and my back started hurting. At this point they were 8 minutes apart. So, I did what anyone would do and ate breakfast! lol. By the time breakfast was done the contractions were 5 min. apart and, while I was able to breath and talk through them, they were leaving me short of breath, so we went on in. Yep, I was in labor. You will know. :)
    chaslee

Answer by chaslee at 2:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Oh, and your water does not always break at the beginning of labor, mine did not break until I was 9 cm dilated with both of my kids.
    chaslee

Answer by chaslee at 2:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• really bad contractions 10mins apart consistently. Then at 5mins apart I knew it was time to leave for the hospital.

With Dd the contractions lasted a very long time but were never less than 4mintues apart and it was back labor which I knew nothing about so I didnt realize I had to go in and almost had a baby in the car. I hit the er doors (bc thats where you have to enter L&D at night) and had a baby less than 3.5mins later...
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• 1st time my water broke on it's own & had to be induced, 2nd time was induced, 3rd time i knew because when i peed i had the urge to push & was bleeding, then the contractions were becoming unbearable (had been having them about an hour but thought it was false labor). got to hospital just in time to push with baby #3.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i knew i was def in labor.... bc my water broke. no contractions no anything just swoosh there it is lol...
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My water broke in public! It was slightly embarrasing. I had pinkish discharge the morning before. Well I was at a picknik for my husband and his police squad(he's an officer) Well my water broke and it was hectic! All the women where like "ohhh! The baby is here! Oh,yeahh!!"
    About twelve of them offered to drive me to the hospital! lol:) But I got strong and very bad contractions shortly after. i was having what I though where braxton Hicks during the picnik though. But the contractions where unbearable and we barely made it to the hospital! stuck in traffic...good luck!
    hkdjhg

Answer by hkdjhg at 5:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My doctor stripped my membranes.... removed my mucus plug... 2 days later my water broke with no contractions once in those 2 days. LOL I'm now 35 weeks pregnant and I've got nothing but lots of pressure but what feels like to me cramping but my doctor says are "contractions"... lol
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 8:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011